Sunday 1 April 2012

Sweet Potato Fritters - Spanish Tapas

Please send me on a holiday to Barcelona I love to travel and I love to taste local food on my travels, it's one of the main reasons to visit different places for me! I love travelling to Spain as I adore tapas - its my kind of food, lots of little dishes of delicious food to try not just one big plateful. Nothing beats a Spanish dry sherry (Fino) as an accompaniment either! I've developed a few different tapas dishes at home to enjoy with friends, but this is one of our favourites and it's very simple to make.
Sweet Potato Fritters
2 medium sized sweet potatoes 1 red onion finely chopped handful of chopped parsley 1 tablespoon flour oil for frying Peel and chop the sweet potatoes and cook until soft. Mash lightly Meanwhile, gently fry the onion until soft and then add to the mashed sweet potato together with the chopped parsley. Make into small patties and dust in the flour. Fry until golden and serve immediately. Absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment